Abrahamic House DC invited guests for a Passover Seder on Thursday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m.
A Jewish Passover Seder is a ritual feast that commemorates the Exodus of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
Together the fellows and their guests:
- read from a book called the Haggadah, which tells the story of the Exodus
- went through the 15 steps of the Seder
- ate matzah (unleavened bread)
- drank 4 cups of wine (or grape juice)
- had a hearty vegetarian meal
- recited blessings and prayers, sang songs and asked questions