You Say Jumma, I Say Shabbat
* Weekly communal praying, fasting, resting, prophetic stories and daily practices about our holy weekends
* Strategy teach-ins on organizing and intervention against anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.
* Service projects focusing on meeting defined needs of marginalized neighbors facing racism, immigration challenges, homelessness, abuse, etc.
Out of the Box
Potlucks and chat-n-chews about being LGBTQ in a Muslim, Jewish, Baha’i or Christian community; Understanding Shia, Sunni, and Sufi components of Islam; the histories of Sephardic, Mizrahi and Ashkenazi identity.
* Recognizing and debunking racism within our own communities.
* Film screenings and musical performances from countries across the world.
* Traditional cooking classes.
* Hebrew, Arabic, and Spanish language exchanges open to the community.
Joint Holiday Celebrations
* Passover in a Mosque, Iftar in a Synagogue and Christmas in a Temple.
* Outreach to Buddhist, Baha’i, and Hindu communities to provide support for other neighbors.
* Creating an inclusive culture of curiosity, learning, and excitement about the religious practices of all members of our society.