- Full time
- This is a 1-year position with possibility of renewal
- Salary range: $60,000 to $70,000, plus health benefits
Location: Remote with travel (COVID-19 permitting)
Abrahamic House is a multifaith incubator for social change. We are a co-living, co-learning, and co-creating space to connect, organize, and serve. Our mission is to build sustainable interfaith learning and action across Muslim, Jewish, Christian and Baha’i communities in order to foster an environment of respect, justice, and social change. We do so by bringing young people of different faiths together to live together and plan programs for their surrounding communities.
We are looking for a creative self-starter who is passionate about building interfaith relationships to be a key partner in the early development of our organization. As Abrahamic House enters our second program year, this key staff person will both oversee much of the day-to-day of our programming, and also serve as a thought partner for our Executive Director and Founder, Mohammed AL Samawi.
If you are a master bridge-builder, a flexible and enthusiastic team player, and an implementer who knows what it takes to make things happen, apply to join our team!
- Manage day-to-day administration of programs
- Recruit and supervise Abrahamic House residents
- Oversee resident programming, provide feedback
- Track data: programs, partners, etc.
- Manage resident reimbursements, forms, etc.
- Work with ED to hire trainers and other partners to fill in gaps
- Support fundraising efforts through drafting of grant applications, collection of data, and compilation of materials
- Act as collaborative thought partner for Executive Director on all strategic aspects of organizational management
- Program Evaluation
- Develop and adapt ongoing program standards – work with ED to think about scalable programs and work out conflict and challenges on an ongoing basis
- Develop organizational infrastructure such as a relationship management database, systems for communication, etc.
Competitive candidates will:
- Have demonstrated experience leading successful programming in a nonprofit context, and an understanding of the myriad elements of nonprofit management. Experience developing new programming preferred.
- Have demonstrated experience managing/supervising diverse groups.
- Have demonstrated understanding of key interfaith issues and considerations.
- Have understanding of nonprofit measurement & evaluation.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, thoughtful, and adaptable.
- Experience in a start-up environment is preferred.
- Grant-writing experience preferred.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Director Application” by February 15.
Abrahamic House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from historically marginalized groups including women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.